We offer a variety of adult education opportunities.
Our Adult Sunday School includes:
- Young Adults: Mostly folks in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, the Young Adult class discusses a variety of subjects from Bible study and theology to Christian ethics and the intersection between politics and religion. This class is taught by our Senior Minister, Rev. Troy Tatum, and meets in the Gandy Room.
- Christian Comrades: Friends who meet Sunday mornings to study God’s word as the light for our paths (Psalm 119:105). Discussion is encouraged and leadership rotates among designated members monthly. Join us in the Farkas Board Room #103.
- Seekers: This class consists of single and married adults mainly in their 40’s to mid-60’s, but all ages are welcome. The curriculum ranges from Bible study to topical issues. The class participates in choosing the particular study and lesson series. All members are invited to participate in class discussion. The Seekers Class meets in Room #205.
- Disciples: A group of believers, middle aged to seniors, who meet weekly for a lively and spirited discussion of God’s plan for their lives. Desiring to be strictly Bible-based, the Disciples' curriculum is based on the “International Sunday School Lessons," a six-year plan for reading and studying the Bible. The Disciples meet in the Fireside Room, the parlor located towards the rear of the gym.
There are three Bible study groups that meet regularly at First Christian Church.
- Men’s Bible Study. This group meets every Monday morning at 7:00 AM in the Fireside Room.
- Women’s Bible Study. This group meets on Tuesday mornings at 10 AM in the Fireside Room. Each week, these ladies also pack and deliver bags of food to hungry children at Vincent Elementary. Click here to learn more about this outreach ministry.
- Advocates Men’s Bible Study. This group meets on Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM in the Farkas Room.
Christian Men’s Fellowship
Our men’s group meets at the church for dinner, fellowship, and a program the last Monday of the month at 6:30 PM.
- Ona/Ruth: Our Christian Women's Fellowship group meets once a month after Sunday worship for lunch, study, and service.
- Caring and Sharing: A ladies' gathering for fun, fellowship, and service that typically meets for dinner on the second Tuesday of each month.