There's a place for you at the table
The Table is a new worship community for those who are looking for something different in a church. We meet on Sunday afternoons to worship, share, and laugh together. All people and all perspectives are welcome.
A few things to know about the Table:
- We gather for worship each Sunday at 4 PM (We are currently on break for the summer and will resume the first Sunday in August). Our worship gatherings are laid-back but meaningful, modern but grounded, and always honest, intimate, and inclusive.
- We love kids, and children are a vital part of our worship community. Worship at the Table is always kid-friendly and inclusive, with worship centers and activities designed just for little ones. Childcare for infants and toddlers is available if you choose, but children of all ages are always welcome in worship.
- After worship, we usually gather for a meal, a few drinks, and conversation about the day’s scripture or topic. Children’s and youth activities are also available, and include a snack supper, music, games, crafts, and stories of God’s love for all people.
- We are a ministry of First Christian Church of Birmingham, a congregation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) – a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world.
- We believe that who you are to God is more important than what you believe about God.
- Some churches want something from you; we are more concerned with what God wants for you: a worshipping community, holy friendships, dynamic spirituality, a sacred purpose, joyful generosity, and a faith worth sharing.
- Like the people who gather there, the Table is a work in progress, and we want you to help shape this new community.
Come as you are. Come alone, or come together. Bring your kids, who will be welcomed, loved, and included. Just remember: there’s always a place for you at the Table.